Be a Judge
Judge Enrollment is now closed.
The Oracle Education Foundation is recruiting judges for the ThinkQuest Competition 2012. Judging is scheduled for May 14-25, 2012.
Take part in this unique opportunity to support the work of students from all over the world and commend their accomplishments. Judging takes place online - all you need is an Internet-connected computer. You will access an online system to judge entries using scoring rubrics (see rubrics for each event: ThinkQuest Projects, Digital Media, and Application Development). No prior experience is necessary; however you will need to complete training prior to judging.
Judges who score a minimum of 10 entries will be entered in a drawing to win an Apple iPad™ 32GB, Apple iPod touch™ 64GB, or Apple iPod classic™ 160GB.
In addition, one top-performing judge will receive a trip to ThinkQuest Live! We will review several aspects of performance to award this prize, including number of entries judged.
All judges will receive an e-certificate to acknowledge their participation.
Who can serve as a judge?
- Education professionals currently employed at a primary or secondary school, college/university, or other educational program.
- Graduate students currently enrolled in an instructional education program or other professional education program.
- Teachers who are members of ThinkQuest Projects.
- Professionals with experience in website design, website development, application development, video production, animation, photography, or other relevant experience.
- Coaches may participate as judges but will not be permitted to judge entries for any event and age division in which they currently have team(s) enrolled.
What are the requirements?
- You must be 21 years old, or the age of legal majority in your country/state of residence, whichever is older, on the first day of judging.
- You must be proficient in English (all entries are judged in English).
- You must have access to a computer with a reliable high speed Internet connection (see the Competition Rules for browser requirements).
- You must be able to dedicate time to thoughtfully review and score approximately 10 entries. We estimate that each entry will take approximately 30 minutes to score. All entries need not be scored on the same day.
- You may not participate in judging if you are an employee, or immediate family member of an employee, of the Oracle Education Foundation, Oracle America, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Note: All decisions regarding the judge prizes, including the trip to ThinkQuest Live, are at the sole discretion of the Oracle Education Foundation and are not subject to review.