Herein, "you" or "your" refers to you as a visitor to or user of the Site. "We", "our", or "us" refers to the Foundation.
Children's Privacy Seal
Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that can be used to identify a particular person. Unless you or a Competition coach provides it to us voluntarily, the Foundation does not collect Personally Identifiable Information about you. You must ensure the accuracy of all information you provide via the Site. You must have the authority to provide such information through the Site and you agree that we may use information you submit to verify such authority.
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Personal information collected from a coach who registers for the Competition includes:
- his/her first and last name and work email, and the name, mailing address, website and phone number of his/her school or organization (each, an "Organization");
- the first and last name, work email and title of the person with legal signing authority for the Organization; and
- the first name, state, and country of residence of each student on his/her team.
Personal Identifiable Information also is collected through the Site when users register for the Competition, ThinkQuest Live or a local celebration event, register to use a non-public area of the Site or to receive additional information from the Site, order certificates of achievement, complete surveys and other purposes related to Competition participation. Personally Identifiable Information collected in these circumstances may include:
- first and last name;
- mailing address;
- telephone number;
- age/date of birth;
- personal interests (hobbies and sports); and
- digital photographs.
Personally Identifiable Information is not collected through the Site's Library (the "Library") but Competition entries housed in the Library may contain Personally Identifiable Information about the team that created them (e.g., the first and last name of the coach, the coach's Organization name and country, and the first name of each student on the team). Any other Personally Identifiable Information will be deleted from the Library.
The Foundation does not condition anyone’s participation or access to an activity on him/her providing more Personal Identifiable Information than is reasonably necessary for that activity.
Other Information We Collect
The Site uses a third-party technology service to track usage of the Site by collecting non-personal information about users. The non-personal information collected includes users' browser information, the IP/Internet addresses of the domains from which users access the Site, the URL of the page visited and the date and time of the visit. We use this non-personal information to improve the Site.
Some of the Site's Competition entries, including but not limited to those hosted on third party websites, may include third-party tracking technologies, such as web beacons or ad servers. Information collected by these third-party technologies is governed by separate privacy policies.
Use of the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
The Foundation uses Personally Identifiable Information to provide its educational services and programs, including to send you emails about the Competition and other information that we think may interest you and to recognize Competition participation and achievement. Personally Identifiable Information is used during participation in the Competition and for a reasonable time thereafter as may be required for the Foundation's business purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Disclosure of the Information We Collect
- We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information to recognize Competition participation and student and teacher achievement.
- We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and other data to comply with applicable legal requirements, including disclosure of information to government, law enforcement or other authorities.
- In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or transfer of substantially all of the Foundation's assets, Personally Identifiable Information submitted to the Site and/or usage data may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring the Foundation's assets in order to permit such party to continue to operate the Site. By using the Site, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
In addition to these disclosures, your Personally Identifiable Information could be accessed if someone unlawfully accesses the Site, despite our security measures which are described below.
Consent to Processing
Information Modification and Opt-Out Choices
You may review, modify, or delete the Personally Identifiable Information that you submit to the Site or opt-out of any consent previously granted regarding Personally Identifiable Information. Parents of children using the Site may instruct the Foundation to modify or delete their children's Personally Identifiable Information or may opt-out of any consent previously granted regarding their children's Personally Identifiable Information collected via the Site. To modify information or opt-out, Contact Us.
- The Site may include links to other sites, including sites on which Competition entries are posted ("Other Sites").
- Other Sites are not operated or controlled by us and we are not responsible for any aspect of Other Sites. We urge you to read and understand the privacy practices of Other Sites before providing any personal information to them.
We have in place adequate technical and physical security measures that are intended to prevent unauthorized access to Personally Identifiable Information. We also use standard security protocols and mechanisms, such as encryption, to exchange or transmit sensitive data.
No Rights of Third Parties
If you have questions, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or at:
Oracle Education Foundation
500 Oracle Parkway, MS 5OP8
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
LAST UPDATED: December 27, 2011