AMIT KUMARKENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, PARADIP PORT,JagatSinghapur, Orissa, India
DEEPAKKENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, PARADIP PORT,JagatSinghapur, Orissa, India
ANKITKENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, PARADIP PORT,JagatSinghapur, Orissa, India
AVINASHKENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, PARADIP PORT,JagatSinghapur, Orissa, India
AMARTYAKENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, PARADIP PORT,JagatSinghapur, Orissa, India
15 & under
SUNIL KUMAR VERMAKENDRIYA VIDYALAYA, PARADIP PORT,JagatSinghapur, Orissa, India
Social Sciences & Culture
Online Activity / Game
Reading Guide / Book Guide
Science / Lab Experiment
Teacher Resources (Lesson Plans, Worksheets)
Video / Sound
No effort can be successful without team work. We ensured that everyone checked their SMS on a daily basis and acknowledged even if no particular response was required. This helped to keep team members well informed and responsive to what is happening around them. One of the best parts about creating this site was collaborating with each other through working together, sending SMS and telephone conversations amongst ourselves. We have worked hard on this project and through this competition, we have become better friends. We used vocabulary that is easy to read and comprehend and avoided the use of jargons as far as possible. Since each of us had a different topic to research, we needed, as a team to put everything we knew in a cohesive form for our interviews to be effective. We all had separate jobs, but it was the separateness that brought the whole lot together. We sometimes had argument when we had different opinions but we felt great when we finally figured out the solution. The experience of working on a project together is really interesting and useful.
OUR EFFORT AS A TEAM
- Deciding the topic.
- Conducting the interviews.
- Conducting the awareness camps.
- Deciding the content of the videos.
- Teaching the villagers about operation of computers. This was a very tedious job as we taught them on weekends. The first challenge was to convince them. Ankit and Deepak proved to be really beneficial during the process Due to their strong communicative skills in Oriya.
- Conducting the surveys.
- Collecting data on fake notes. (Most of the data on fake notes had to be taken from various sites as we didn’t have a sound knowledge on the topic before the project started.)
- Designing the site. We reviewed all our site contents and decided the format accordingly. Avinash had the best sense of aesthetics among the rest and took this charge.
- Making the introduction video was a combined effort of Avinash and Amartya. Amartya composed the music and played it which we got recorded. The music is inspired from the Rabindra Sangeet.
- None of us had ever made a site before and had to experiment with the softwares provided to us prior to their use. We distributed portions amongst ourselves and came up with a successful outcome. Amit was the little genius amongst us in this aspect.
Our ideology is that even if our efforts have affected a single mind that is success in itself.
Our team is diverse, but we believe when everyone works together, a team will achieve all of its goals. We do not speak the same language. While Avinash and Ankit share Oriya as their mother tongue, Deepak speaks the local version of the language. Amartya speaks Bengali and Amit speaks Nepali owing to his origin from Nepal.
All of the members of our team belong to different regions. Though we all dwell at Paradeep, we all have our origins from different places. Deepak lives in Paradeep since birth. Ankit belongs to Balasore and Avinash to Dhenkanal. Amit is from Nepal and Amartya from West Bengal. This diversity helped us in getting a panorama of ideas. We could perceive how people of different regions within the country and outside it as well would appreciate our efforts.
All the members belong to different socio-economic catagories as well.Deepak’s grandpa is a renowned industrialist of the place. He has dealt with adulterated products and helped us a lot in our section in adulteration. Avinash’s dad Mr. Satpathy belongs to the oil sector and could help us to know more about fake notes as he was the head of an oil installation and told us how they checked whether the cash they received was genuine or fake. Amartya’s dad Mr. Basu is the head of a fertilizer company and asked us to take environment as an issue. Ankit’s mom Mrs. M.P.Nayak is our class teacher and English teacher as well. She helped us to correct all grammatical errors. The difference in cultures is reflected in the introduction music which is more like a mixture of many regional forms of Indian music i.e. Rabindra Sangeet, Odissi, Karnatic and Hindustani. It is this difference in cultures, regions and socio-economic backgrounds that has turned up as the basic uniting bond between us.
We all have a passion for learning and a desire to be successful in our efforts. We respect each other as we are students working for the same goal on a project we all love. This is really all that counts. Our diversity brought us together and enhanced our capacity to learn.