Over 8,000 websites created by students around the world who have participated in a ThinkQuest Competition.
The World of Electronics for Children
Our entry addresses several educational objectives. It is of the utmost importance that we prepare our students to function in the world of the future. Some of the skills needed for the future and presently
being utilized in this entry are creative problem-solving, accessing information; synthesizing and sifting that information, and technology/computer savvy. This entry solves a real problem; lack of information on-line about electronics that is directed at an elementary student. Our objectives were the following:
The webpage itself:
1. To inform viewers (on a elementary level of understanding) about historical, current and possible future elements of electronics.
2. To foster a level of curiosity about the inner workings of devices.
3. To encourage creative thinking about the future.
4. To investigate more fully other resources beyond the webpage.
The students who created this webpage completed the following objectives:
1. To learn new skills in the production of the html.
2. To learn how to scan, create animated gifs, convert images, and elements of good visual design.
3. To learn problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and patience.
4. To open new horizons in the research of electronics. Sifting, sorting, and learning how to compile information.
5. Capturing images from videotape.
19 & under
Science & Technology > Technology > Electronics