Make a Change
What can we do to help our world like what our leaders do?
Required Resources: Internet
It will make us realize we can make a change.
• Curriculum standards
1. Write a variety of expository texts which include a thesis in the introduction, supporting details in the body, and transition words throughout leading to the conclusion. Additionally, writing will include information from primary and secondary sources that has been quoted, paraphrased.
2. Use appropriate conventions for documentation in the text, notes and bibliographies by adhering to those in style manuals.
3. Write a narrative which explores experiences and events, using language in natural, fresh and vivid ways to establish a specific tone.
4. Write responses to literature or texts to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the significant ideas in words or passages; analyze the imagery language, universal themes, and unique aspects of the text; supporting important ideas and view points through accurate and detailed references to texts.
1. Read various types of authentic texts in order to interpret, extract information, identify literary elements and techniques, make judgments, form conclusions, and establish global relationships through analysis and critical thinking.
2. Participate in interdisciplinary projects requiring the integration of language skills with academic areas.
3. Apply reading strategies such as skimming, scanning, and summarizing in order to better understand the text.
• Expected outcomes
1. To communicate in different situations producing comprehensible written texts.
2. To solicit, give and exchange information understanding the purpose and message in various situations.
3. To learn writing techniques that can be applied in academic and personal setting.
4. To understand the importance of the written word in self-expression.
1. To comprehend authentic literary and expository texts of various lengths.
2. To skim and scan for meaning of authentic texts for various communicative purposes.
3. To draw conclusions and find relationships that aid in the interpretation of the text.
4. To develop a positive attitude towards reading, respect for diverse cultures, and motivation to further promote reading in English.
1. To respect and value differing beliefs, ideas and opinions; to view dialogue as a platform for conflict-resolution and an approximation to the truth.
2. To promote motivation and a quest for knowledge; to search for, select and use relevant information.
VALENTINAVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
MARIA JOSEVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
ISIDORAVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
19 & under
Ronald KuehneVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
History & Government
1. Team Collaboration
We really worked all together, listening to each other and accepting ideas to do this project. For example, María José did the questions for the interviews, always willing to help; Valentina kept us all updated with the deadlines and the distribution of work, putting us to work always in good mood even during school days!, and Isidora was very responsible in handing everthing on time and spreading humor.
All three of us has really different personalities, but when you have a goal to achieve, you manage to leave aside differences and work as a team, and as friends. Each one made the life of a leader that was admired by us, and put all the efforts in getting interesting information. In our website you'll see that no matter where you are, what colour is your skin, in which socio-economic level you are, your culture or your religion, we can all work together, get insipired, and MAKE A CHANGE!